Sep 8 2017
Sq1 is seeking an experienced SEO Manager to join our team of digital marketing rock stars. The ideal candidate is well versed in both onsite and offsite SEO best practices, stays up to date with the latest algorithm updates and industry developments, and has a passion for driving results. You have proven experience managing an internal team as well as working directly with clients to manage deliverables and expectations.
At Sq1, we believe firmly in data-driven optimizations. You should be able to demonstrate not only your knowledge of SEO techniques, but how to project and measure the impact of SEO initiatives. You’ll be expected to manage SEO projects in their entirety, including auditing, planning & strategy, execution & implementation, and reporting results.
- Manage individual one-off projects and ongoing SEO retainers for clients.
- Perform technical site audits, including site crawls, site speed analysis, canonicalization, structured data, and more.
- Develop content strategy and on-page optimization around keyword research.
- Analyze opportunities for backlink acquisition and perform outreach.
- Execute recommended SEO optimizations.
- Prioritize initiatives by difficulty and impact.
- Manage SEO team members to ensure timely delivery of projects, ensure work meets Sq1 standards, and delivery coaching and performance reviews.
- Meet with clients to scope new projects, and report on status and performance for ongoing projects.
Additional notes or requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in SEO and digital marketing, agency setting preferred.
- 1+ years of managing team members.
- Experience with various SEO tools for crawling sites, keyword research, backlink analysis and more.
- Knowledge of Local SEO ranking factors and best practices is a necessity.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics & Search Console.
- Able to keep up with the rapidly evolving search engine, reputation management & content marketing industry.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently in a small team.
- Able to manage work flow effectively & meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, analytical skills and project management skills.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
We're not accepting applications from agencies.