Aug 17 2017
Content Strategy Manager
@ Helix Education
If you can craft a message for a particular audience and carefully, thoughtfully, and efficiently repurpose it a dozen ways from Tuesday, you’ve grabbed our attention.
If you can develop a plan for consistent delivery of those messages across a multitude of communications channels, we’re starting to pull our chair a little closer and leaning in to listen.
If you can champion that plan, make it a framework, and lead our clients and internal team down the one true path of adaptive, audience-first, goal-driven, content strategy… we really need to talk.
We are seeking a tenacious, tireless and unceasingly curious content strategist who will leave no stone unturned while helping Helix’s higher education clients tell their unique, compelling stories to the world. If you want a position with a wide variety of content planning and production experience on all sides of content strategy (including organic search engine optimization, conversion rate optimization, social promotion, email marketing, and information architecture), this is the perfect job for you.
Detail-oriented and hyper-organized, you are always looking for ways in which everything is connected - people, stories, programs, and emotions. You’re able to articulate these complex relationships to others in a way that helps them understand your vision for where things can be and your plan for getting there.
You’re a planner, yes, but you’re also a creator. You keep diving down the rabbit hole until you’ve figured out every angle, made every phone call, thought of six different ways to leverage the material at hand, and created it all via articles, blogs, ad copy, social media posts, email messages, webinars, case studies and more. You are always coming up with new ideas, and you always figure out ways to get everything done.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, marketing, advertising or related field.
- 4+ years of professional writing experience, ideally in an in-house, non-profit, higher education or marketing agency setting.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills with ability to write for different audiences, channels, tones and styles.
- Production of error-free copy under tight deadlines.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Outstanding command of English grammar.
- Nit-picky organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient.
- Grace in giving and receiving criticism and feedback.
- Ability to think creatively and balance priorities in a constantly changing environment.
- Familiarity with presentation platforms such as Microsoft PowerPoint or similar.
- Experience working with website content and content management systems.
- Experience writing for business social media accounts.
- Proficiency with collaborative, web-based word processing platforms.
- Understanding of organic search engine optimization, including creation and optimization of titles, meta descriptions, and keyword inclusion.
- Experience developing information architecture for business websites.
- Experience analyzing, testing, and optimizing web content to improve user experience.
- Experience with social media content strategy, including organic and boosted campaigns.
- Comfortable reviewing and editing others’ work and giving timely and constructive feedback to copywriters and designers.
- Comfortable presenting findings to high-level stakeholders.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop content strategies and successfully executing on them:
- Perform research for writing projects via internet, one-to-one interviews, and other resources.
- Recommend ways to reach the right audience(s) with content. Understand the landscape of outlets that publish content, including bylines, blog posts, emails and social media, and readily discern what topic would be appropriate for which outlet and content format.
- In partnership with Director of Content Strategy, lead groups of people through the content strategy evaluation process.
- Create and present content and editorial plans for cross-media communications.
- Write original content for a variety of marketing communication materials:
- Web pages
- Social media postings
- Advertising copy
- Research articles
- Email campaigns
- Coordinate with fellow content professionals in identifying and obtaining information needed to carry out assignments.
- Edit, copyedit and proofread for accuracy and consistency:
- Understand, adhere to, and champion both AP Style and Helix Education Style
- Assist with copy editing and related to the production of external-facing documents, including proposals, reports, and presentations.
- Identify ways to improve any type of writing in terms of structure, clarity, concision, tone and the strength of its content.
- Work with fellow content and marketing professionals to fine-tune concepts into effective and practical marketing campaigns.
ABOUT HELIX EDUCATION
We understand the serious challenges facing higher education – namely a shift in student demographics, a seemingly chaotic approach to data management, inefficient insights, and restrictive vendor relationships – and know there is a need for bigger, better, and bolder solutions.
We offer world class student lifecycle technologies and services that help institutions of higher education leverage data across the student lifecycle and optimize the cost of graduation. Our innovative software solutions are designed to help schools more effectively find, enroll, retain and teach students.
At Helix Education, we champion three key values:
BOLD – We empower our teams to create and deliver innovative solutions.
DRIVEN – We realize our vision through a passionate commitment to action.
AUTHENTIC – We are grounded in integrity, transparency and accountability.
We're not accepting applications from agencies.