Aug 22 2017
SEO and Syndication Manager
Seeking an experienced digital marketing professional with a proven track record in content ideation, promotion, syndication, and distribution.
Bankrate is looking for a strategist to lead content distribution and promotion efforts; the goal is to get Bankrate’s top quality content linked to and/or onto relevant sites everywhere.
The candidate will oversee critical areas such as backlink building, syndication at scale and content feeds, and the development of content marketing campaigns aimed at generating links. The ideal candidate is an SEO ace who can work collaboratively with PR and Editorial to maximize SEO and brand benefits of press releases and other content forms.
The candidate will be tasked with not just identifying key opportunities to distribute our content but will also help define how we make our content more appealing. The candidate will develop content distribution strategies, negotiate with top networks and partners to secure syndication deals, envision and execute creative content offers and packages that are sure to generate buzz, and will guide content development. He/she will be measured by his/her ability to grow Bankrate’s audience and diversify its traffic.
This critical role sits at the juncture of business development, public relations, editorial, content marketing, social media, and SEO, and requires a highly collaborative, creative candidate that is capable of seeing the big picture and strategizing and executing accordingly.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop highly targeted syndication at scale with key publishers and partners. Create and lead our content development and syndication strategy. This includes owning the budget, and managing our content platform, in terms of structure, aesthetics, and tools.
- Negotiate and manage deals with large-scale publishers to distribute Bankrate content more widely.
- Oversee all backlinking building efforts ensuring we’re seizing all opportunities. Implement smart strategies for acquiring new, highly authoritative links.
- Continuously identify new traffic-driving opportunities. Experiment with new content formats and platforms. Work across teams to brainstorm new and innovative ideas for content development and distribution. Ideate and work with our writers to create high-quality and engaging content pieces.
- Use analytics tools to draw insights from data, measure campaign performance, and determine best strategies/tactics for driving improvements to hit ROI goals. Continuous analysis of offsite tactics used by competitors and throughout the industry. Monitor and understand content marketing trends within our landscape and industry-wide.
- Focus on existing content assets with an eye toward repurposing editorial content to develop highly engaging assets that are successful at building backlinks
- Develop, build and nurture relationships with industry experts and influencers.
- Create processes for scaling and managing the promotion of our content.
Additional notes or requirements
- 3+ years digital marketing experience, with at least 1 year in SEO or content marketing
- Goal oriented, highly driven individual who won’t rest until they hit their numbers
- Strong writing skills and excellent communication skills
- Highly collaborative and experienced working across multiple matrixed teams
- Ability to pivot often and adapt quickly
- Highly organized and able to juggle multiple projects
- Strong time management skills
- Solid knowledge of all areas of internet marketing and business development
- Well-versed in social media strategy
- Passionate about data and proficient with Google Analytics and/or similar platforms
- Cross-platform editorial work experience with extensive familiarity developing and deploying creative strategy across various channels
- Solid understanding of the customer-buying journey, inbound marketing, and demand generation
- Understands monetization and how to optimize content offerings accordingly
- Expertise in these strategic areas: content creation (including video and social), scaling and distribution, content marketing, building a loyal audience, partnerships, SEO, and engaging target audience members
- Familiar with WordPress
We're not accepting applications from agencies.